Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Students' Perceptions of Rigor


How do students perceive rigor?

  • I would want to quit. I would need help. Robert
  • I really don’t mind it. I prefer to be challenged rather than bored. Tim
  • I don’t like work like that because if I spend a long time on just one problem and can’t find the answer I get stressed and that just makes it harder to do. Amy
  • I think it’s okay. I mean, I don’t prefer it, but it’s not as bad as most people think. Sometimes I prefer to have a little bit of a challenge. Kyle
  • It makes my head and hand hurt. Hayley
  • I don’t like doing rigor but everything in life isn’t easy so I just try my best to do it. Dominique
  • I feel that rigorous work needs to be explained better than normal work so I understand the material. Benjamin
  • I feel that challenging work would be better for people that think
  • their work is too easy. Sumerlyn
  • OK, but if it’s hard, I want it to be fun too. Keith
  • I feel that rigorous work is made for some people and some people just might get frustrated and give up. I guess everyone should at least try it and if they can’t do it they don’t have to. Mason
  • I honestly don’t mind it every once in a while but not every hour of the day. Devon
  • I guess it’s ok if I’m in the mood for it. Kayla
  • It makes me feel stupid. I don’t ask anything and I just shake my head like I understand and say yes I get it. Emma
  • Sometimes I like it ... sometimes I don’t. Joseph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.