Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Gives Me Hope, Part Four

I have a copy of a wonderful book called "Gives Me Hope: The 127 Most Inspiriting Bite-Sized Stories".  It is worth every penny!  This week, I'll be sharing five stories from the book.

In our school, each student has to make a report in front of the class about someone they admire, my friend reported on a quiet girl in class, admiring her kindness.  We all cheered in agreement.  The girl was crying.  Later, I found out that was the day she'd decided NOT to kill herself.  The student gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.