Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Friday, January 20, 2012

Success Reminders

I used my physical classroom as inspiration and motivation for my students.  I filled the walls with color, and posted motivational quotes in addition to basic information.  When I wanted to profile “authors”, in addition to posting famous authors, I posted profiles of all my students.  This included their favorite book, why reading and writing was important to them. and their favorite author.  You could adapt this for “math stars”, “invention creators”, “future artists”, etc. This sends a message to students that they are already successful.

Finally, here’s one of my favorite quotes, from a friend:
Never give anyone permission to take away your chance for success.
Sam Myers, Sumter 17 School District

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.