Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Friday, January 6, 2012

Power of Our Perceptions

Here's one of my favorite poems by Annette Breaux.  It's a great reminder of the power of our perceptions and expectations.

I’m Not the One You Think You Know

If you could see what I can see 
Then you would see me differently 
I see from here, you see from there 
Perception differs everywhere 
I’m not the one you think you know 
So please let that perception go.
Annette Breaux

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.