Rigor is creating an environment in which each student is expected to learn at high levels,
each student is supported so he or she can learn at high levels,
and each student demonstrates learning at high levels (Blackburn, 2008).

Friday, February 7, 2014

Why One Family Appreciates Teachers

I ran across this a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great. It's a letter to teachers and staff at a school from one family. It begins:

I dropped this letter off with a plate of cookies in the staff lounge today at my kids' school. Admittedly, it's the very least I could do to show my appreciation, but I really hope that educators everywhere realize that even if they don't hear it every day, or every week, they are deeply, deeply appreciated by the parents whose children they educate.


To read the remainder of the letter, click here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest. Due to an increase in spam, all comments are now moderated by the site administrator.