This month's newsletter (you can sign up on the right if you'd like) focused on getting and staying organized. Here's five tips from my friend Frank Buck:
1. Use tickler files so your desk stays clear and papers appear when you need them.
2. Adopt one tool, either a paper planner or software which syncs between your computer and phone. Put everything in it.
3. Identify all of your tasks which repeat weekly, monthly, or yearly and put them in your system. You’ll never have to think about them again.
4. Use one paper journal to take notes during phone calls, meetings, and parent conferences. At the end of the day, decide what actions you need to take as a result of what you wrote.
5. Get your email Inbox to “empty” every day.
Be sure to check out his blog and other resources, including his books for teachers and leaders.Both books are available from Eye on Education.